July 2, 2009

Summer in the City

Last night was one of those perfect summer evenings. A late afternoon shower cooled things off and kept the humidity at bay. I walked the High Line (my new favorite stroll) and admired all sorts of lovely pink wildflowers (yes, wildflowers in the middle of the city!) and then found myself in the Chelsea Market where I treated myself to an ice cream cone and continued my stroll through the Meatpacking district, through the lovely shaded streets of the West Village, across Washington Square Park and over to the East Village and my old neighborhood where I paid a visit to the Strand and trolled their $1 books (picked up a copy of The Beans of Egypt Maine). Ah, summer evenings are lovely!

1 comment:

Christine M. Dionese L.Ac said...

I really want to go here next time in NYC!