June 29, 2009

Thinking

Every trip back to San Diego produces a new set of emotions. This trip was marked by a wedding-a celebration of a new beginning but a day that was also wrought with strong feelings of closure. It was over the course of the day that I came to realize fully that my heart is now in NYC. I can no longer slip into SD and my past life, for although the language of America’s finest city is still in my vocabulary, its foreign. I speak of subways and slices and flats instead of heels. I check the weather report every morning before leaving the house, no more weeks on end of 70 and sunny and flip flops. That’s me with an umbrella sticking out of my bag, the forecast calls for showers this afternoon, and that’s all right with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang, she really doesn't liv here anymore! BOOOoooo. The Finest City has lost one of its finest citizens. I guess it really is time we came to visit your new (sigh) Home.

<3
Shi