July 29, 2009

All Mixed Up

Today felt like the apocalypse here in NYC. Late this afternoon the skies turned a dramatic shade of yellow and then went pitch black and then the entire sky opened up and those of us lucky enough to be outside were suddenly ankle deep in water. It didn't rain down, it rained sideways but you were too busy covering your ears from the deafening thunder to really notice the way your clothes were suddenly sticking to your body.

So, the brightspot of the day? Wednesday's are CSA pickup days and Laena always comes back with cool vegetables and fruits and fresh eggs that almost make you want to adopt a chicken. Chickens like fire-escape abodes right? I love the CSA and don't let myself read their weekly emails because I love being surprised and forced to cook with whatever arrives from the farm. Really though, the whole point of this post was to mention that last night was about 90 degrees and tonight was a nice, rain chilled 75. Last night we made pizza (and did I mention that it was 90 degrees out? it was about 900 in our apartment). You can read more about that here. Tonight I used the leftover pork and sauteed some fresh summer corn, green chilies and mushrooms (thank you CSA) for some perfect summer tacos. All of this crazy weather is obviously starting to affect my brain. Signing off from the PNW (actually I hear it's over 100 in Seattle today). I'm off to google urban chicken farming.


CSA tacos--TJ's pulled pork, sauteed summer corn, chilies and mushrooms, fresh avocado and tomatoes and yogurt (a great sour cream substitute)

1 comment:

Christine M. Dionese L.Ac said...

Oh I miss your little yummy creations!