June 2, 2008

Free Time (too much of a good thing?)


So, I have been in NYC for almost a month now. There has been no mass group email and there has been silence blog wise but those of you I have missed desperately have gotten an ancient form of communication, mail. Part of the reason for the silence here is that I have yet to come up with a reason for this blog's being (although I have been toying with the idea of "best public restrooms in Manhattan" as I am becoming quite adept at locating them but i'm sure it's already been done). The other piece is that this move has been a huge trip and I am just now coming to terms with what I have done. This is not just a vacation but my new life. So, rather than bore you all to death with the emotional details of the past month I was inspired by an email from Chrissie who wanted to know three exciting things that happened to me in the past week.

In no particular order (and more than 3):
I stood in line for two hours for a sneak preview of a movie..........and didn't get in.
I read a delicious book and ate my first cherries of the summer in Central Park.
I had a most excellent drink (white rum, honey and lime juice) at a cool bar with great company. I want another (two).
I bought a great pair of shoes that seem to match everything I own.
I walked across the Brooklyn Bridge and marvelled at the city I now call home.

Thank you Chrissie, for helping me put things in perspective.

More soon.

No comments: