April 17, 2009

Thinking

Spring has sprung. I walked to Prospect Park this afternoon, because it was almost 70 (yes 70!) degrees out and I haven't really ventured further into the park than the Brooklyn Museum and Botanical Gardens. And I'm so glad I did. It's like Central Park, but closer. And like everything in this city the park is in full bloom. I sat under a blooming Magnolia tree and tried to soak it all in--the spring, the colors (pinks and whites against a bight blue sky, sigh) the new prospects in my life and the fact that here I am, one year later and feeling all right. The funny thing is that even when one part hasn't felt right (apartment, job etc) I have managed to find a way to change it. I really think this is where I'm meant to be at this moment in my life and that is a feeling I want to savor, just as I want to commit all of these spring colors and the sensation of blooming after a long winter to memory. This is what it means to be alive.

No comments: