January 30, 2009

Thinking

Remember growing pains? I do. And I think I have fully re-cuperated from a serious grown up case. December was awful. My first holiday without my family, familiar decorations, traditions and foods. A city that slowly emptied itself of all of my favorite people (off to their homes and families-most in sunny places) and a move, just to finish the month in complete chaos. My visit to California came at a perfect time and the sunshine and familiar faces helped restore my sense of self and a bit of my sanity. It's good to know California is there, when I need it. But, I am back. And I feel different. I can't explain how much I have grown in the past nine months but I can feel myself shedding a layer of skin (a daring thing in the middle of winter) and embracing whatever comes next.





Image: S Toppin, via Flickr http://flickr.com/photos/stoppin/327649317/

No comments: