October 6, 2008

October

October is always a big month, the last month before the holidays take over, full of birthdays and capped off with my favorite holiday, Halloween. It always seems to have a lot going on, an energy that other months (say August for example) don't have. This month the city and I are celebrating our six month anniversary. Wow, six months. I used to alternate between feeling like I'd been gone only a split second to feeling like forever, now it just seems like forever.

It was a little over a year ago that I returned from a trip to NYC and announced to all of my lovelies that I was going to move there. And what a month that followed! A month full of moving and uncertainty and a sense of loss but also new friendships formed and an unbreakable bond cemented among dear friends. And not to forget the dramatic fires that burned to the south, east and north of our perch on Mount Soledad.

It was during one of those smoke filled afternoons that we found our new house on the Knoll. Remember dressing up to meet the landlord, buttoning up our blouses and trying to find our pearls to wear?? Trying to come across as a very respectable yet slightly unconventional family! That is what I miss the most about San Diego and have yet to find in NY, the closeness months like last October brought us. All of you lovelies were, and continue to be, my family. I miss you and at the same time marvel at the fact that I still feel your love and support and laughter. I am one lucky lady.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and I am one lucky jetman