July 13, 2008

Verde

Drove back from Ithaca through the Catskill mountains and down the Hudson River Valley. The landscape is breath-taking, so lush and green. And the Hudson River, wow. I haven't been to this part of the world in several years and yet I spent many summers here throughout my childhood, visiting aunts and being shuffled from one end of New England to another. Somehow I had forgotten, living in Southern California, how much I love this landscape. How beautiful the old farmhouses are; with big front porches and sagging steps, stately old barns and crumbling old stone fences. I am so happy to be re-connected and have these images fresh in my mind!

1 comment:

Charlotte Donald said...

I love your blog, it is so great..how do I get a blog??

I have done 8 of your 20 must do in life things...I think you need to add some more like, sex on teh kitchen counter, or eat a live insect...
love you, yes chris is cute and very greek looking.I am an authority on that now