June 29, 2008

Selling Myself

I start my new job tomorrow and am feeling both excited and nervous about the whole thing. This job makes my living in NYC more permanent which scares me a bit. Over the past few weeks I have caught myself thinking or acting like I am on vacation, and in some ways I have been, but paying rent and getting a job makes this trip a bit more real. I also can't help wondering if perhaps I should have held out for another job, I was so set on doing something new, non-sales related and here I am doing the same thing. I have to remind myself that this job, like any new experience, is going to be full of challenges; a new city, a new portfolio, new contacts. What I don't want to lose sight of are some of the goals and ideas I have formulated over the past few weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that this entire experience is NEW. There is nothing disappointing about finding a job you Know you kick ass at and also having some stability in this new crazy adventure. They could learn a lot from you, and you'll make some great new contacts I'm sure. Go Get Em Girl!

<3 Sh